Is there a link between depression and OCD?Depression is a mental disorder that puts you in a state of sadness and melancholy. It is one of the most common diseases that humans suffer. People around the world suffer from depression each year.
OCD (OCD) is an anxiety disorder. In general, unnecessary causes obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors repeatedly. OCD affects your daily routine. Obsessions and compulsions no sense and people with OCD realize. OCD is not as common as depression. It affects men and women equally. In general, it affects people in the age group 18 to 55. The exact cause of OCD is not yet known, but very similar to depression that has something to do with chemical imbalances in the brain. It is a treatable depresion patents generally fully recovered from OCD.
OCD symptoms involving obsessions are:
1. Thoughts unnecessary contamination or spoilage touching any object or shake hands with people.
2. Repeated thoughts of guilt.
3. Hair loss or baldness, people suffering from obsessions background often pulling their hair as a result of hair loss or baldness occurs.
4. Extreme stress levels when things are not symmetrical.
5. Patients avoid shaking hands with people, but they feel they get dirty.
OCD symptoms involving compulsions:
1. They wash their hands constantly, until the skin on his hands turn rough.
2. Signs of extreme worry or fear are also on display, but keep tabs on the door to make sure the doors are properly closed.
3. suffer repeatedly go to the kitchen and make sure the stove is off correctly.
4. The patients have unusual ways to do the simplest things in life. They make life confusing themselves.
Treatment of OCD should be taken in administering the specialist. Several treatment methods are available for the treatment of OCD, such as medication, psychotherapy and the combination of medication and therapy methods.
OCD and depression has a link between them. The major link between depression and OCD is that people suffering from depression has strong chances of suffering from OCD as well and vice versa. Person suffering from OCD also has many symptoms associated with depression and the symptoms are: inability to make decisions, guilt, anxiety, low self-esteem and fatigue. Another thing that sets link between depression and OCD is the method of treatment. Treatment methods used for OCD and depression are almost equal. This is due to the strong relationship between symptoms of depression and OCD.