CÃ³mo deshacerse de la depresiÃ³n helplessnessUnipolar depression is also called major depressive disorder. It is a mood disorder commonly identified by sadness or blues, irritation, diminished interest in favorite activities, significant weight changes, sleep problems, fatigue, impaired concentration and focus, feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, anxiety, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts or suicidal.
It is a treatable disorder.
Unipolar and bipolar are two types of major depression. The following are the symptoms that differentiate between the two disorders:
1. Insomnia Sleeping disorder usually occurs as a result of suffering lose it difficult to sleep. Furthermore, in bipolar hypomania usually it occurs in patients, as a result of fatigue and oversleeping becomes a problem for the sick.
2. Unipolar is more common in women and usually affects later in life at the age of forty. On the other side bipolar it occurs equally in men and women and usually occurs in adolescents.
3. Patients with the disorder mentioned first is to eat less often as a result they often loose a lot of weight. Patients suffering from bipolar may have increased or decreased eating habit of eating habits, binge eating is the major symptom and patients can lose or gain weight suddenly.
4. Bipolar disorder, depression involves symptoms such as inactivity, psychomotor retardation, etc. , while unipolar depression involves agitated mood, anxiety, and rhythm, etc.
5. Depressive episodes usually last long and may be short and long both.
6. UD is more sensitive to the treatment of BD.
7. rate of suicide and substance abuse is low in UD. On the other hand BD slightly high rate of suicide and substance abuse.
8. UD exhibitions sadness, worthlessness and helplessness as BD exhibits common symptoms and guilt as the largest along with symptoms of sadness, worthlessness and helplessness.
9. Not much difference in the methods of treatment of common methods easily answered as unipolar depression bipolar disorders, while not easily respond to these methods. Psychotherapy and ECT treatment methods are good.