CÃ³mo deshacerse de la depresiÃ³n decisions and allDepression causes many problems in their daily lives. People worldwide suffer from depression. Several forms of depression with mild to severe affects are observed worldwide.
1. According to DSM, in major affective or mood symptoms of depression depressive mood disorders include depression and feelings of worthlessness (patients feel as if they are good for nothing) or guilt.
2. DSM Includes social, such as loss of interest in social activities and other activities to join the society as behavioral symptoms.
3. Agitation is also considered as the behavioral symptoms according to DSM.
4. Poor concentration, inability to make decisions and all other problems related to poor
concentration and thinking are considered as cognitive symptoms of depression in DSM.
5. Insomnia (suffers less sleeping too much or not receiving adequate sleep) and hypomania (sleeps suffers too, up to 20 hours in a day) are considered as somatic symptoms in DSM.
The specialists make use of DSM for diagnosing depression in several ways. The usefulness of DSM 4 of specialists is very high when the diagnosis for depression like major depression is sought. DSM guide helps specialists identify symptoms of mental disorder and name the type of disorder. DSM guide is used as an educational tool to perform all types of research to find out more about health issues. DSM is also used by specialists to classify the various types of situations or conditions that a person is suffering. DSM 4 helps specialists to tell you about the exact type of depression sufferers. To do all the symptoms listed in DSM are considered and therefore the type of depression is identified. Physicians who do not use DSM to identify the symptoms of depression are unable to inform you of the exact type of depression a person is suffering. It is very important before the treatment of depression to know exactly what type of depression the person is suffering, if it’s important or clinical or otherwise. Treatment methods vary depending on the type of depression. Specialists always need to make sure they follow DSM as a guide to identify the type of depression.