School Of DepressionSchool of depression is a kind of depression that occurs in the school going children. Depression in school going children is a common disease. The number of students get affected by depression each year.
1. The first and main symptom of depression in school going children is the inability to concentrate while studying.
2. Irritation in school without cause.
3. Lack of appetite.
4. School going children may have trouble sleeping, which comprise less sleep too much or sleep too.
5. Less interest in extracurricular activities.
6. Nervousness hesitation or without any reason.
8. Negative thoughts and poor self-confidence are also symptoms of depression in school going children.
School of depression or depression in school going children exposure commonly mentioned symptoms, but symptoms can vary from child to child. The prevalence of depression in school going children is 3-4 of100 children. School of depression occurs equally in boys and girls. The ratio of students to their friends and teachers play an important role in school depression. Some of the causes that can lead to depression in school going children are:
1. Extra pressure from parents or school teachers to students to do well on tests.
2. Too parental expectations.
3. Students who do not play can also develop depression.
4. Heaters Books can also develop depression.
5. Low self-confidence can also develop depression in school going children.
6. Fear of bad performance or bad performance in studies could also be the reason of depression in school going children.
7. Students who have no friends often are stressed, stress can also lead to depression.
8. inferiority complex among students is also one of the reasons.
School of depression is a treatable illness and can be treated if proper treatment is the technique followed. Parents need to identify symptoms in your school going children, since most kids do not even know they are suffering from depression. Parents need to take your child to a specialist and seek appropriate treatment plan. Talk therapy, cognitive therapy, family therapy or interpersonal therapy are good method in these cases. You, as parents, can also help your child to school get over depression. The following are some of the do’s and don’ts that you need to follow:
1. Do not pressure your child to learn more and more. Every child has a special talent, you only need to motivate him to explore his talent instead of pressuring him.
2. Tell him to play for an hour a day at least. Your child will feel energized.
3. Do not torture your child if he scores less marks instead encourage him to get it right the next time.
4. Take your school children go to those places of interest.
5. Do not show negative behavior in front of your child.