Making Your Job depressant medicationDo you suffer from chronic depression? Does taking antidepressants and consult a medical professional, but nothing seems to work? Why is it that many people seem to get relief from depression and other constantly fighting? For almost two years now I have been taking medication and I feel better than ever.
Unfortunately others do not seem to have the same effects. This is it? Never mind that drugs that treat and whether they can not talk to seem to find relief.
When it comes to deciding on the right combination of medication and talk therapy is not easy for a therapist or doctor when you stop to consider how different point everyone responds to treatment. Would not it be great if we could come to a place where these treatments had a better chance of working?
Studies have concluded that a person’s diet can have a significant effect on depression and its symptoms.
Diet to prevent depression:
There is scientific evidence that certain foods can help eliminate the symptoms associated with depression. In addition, there is conclusive evidence that eating foods containing ingredients can prevent depression. Here’s a look at some of the main foods and ingredients that can be absolutely vital to your mental health.
1. Omega 3 fatty acids in fish oils are needed in the relief and prevention of depression. Research with the most recent study by Ohio State University has shown that depressed people often lack the proper balance of fatty acids. Current recommendations allow up to two servings per week of cold-water fish and the best source of Omega 3 comes from salmon and trout.
2. The treatment of depression and mood elevation has been very successful when vitamins like vitamin B12 is used to treat conditions. Lack of vitamin B complex is a cause of depression, although researchers are not sure why. Things like spinach, salads and avocados contain these vitamins.
3. Many minerals are essential with regard to relieve depression. It has been shown that some people may be deficient in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese and potassium, when suffering. Iron deficiency, also known as anemia, for example, has proved a major offender when it is depression. The minerals it needs to fight depression can usually be found in meats and vegetables.
Foods to avoid:
Just as there are certain foods that actually work to reduce the possibility of developing and bear the symptoms associated with the blues, there are certain foods, beverages, and ingredients to be avoided or if you are experiencing depression, or even if they are prone to depression.
1. Carbohydrates – Decreasing carbohydrates has proven to be very beneficial when it comes to the fight against depression. Depression can be relieved by eating carbohydrates, which raise serotonin levels. The problem is that after discharge is completed depressed mood returns – usually worse than before.
2. Caffeine – When depressed, caffeine can worsen the situation. Caffeine is a stimulant that can get you to feel up. However, it can also bring you down really fast.
3. Alcohol should be avoided because it is a natural depressant.
3. Sugar – Metabolism in the body of a person can be influenced by large amounts of sugar entering the same and should be avoided if possible.
4. Salt – If someone who has difficulty struggling with depression, it is best to minimize your salt intake.
We’ve all heard the saying you are what you eat. This is especially true if you suffer from depression and depressive symptoms are not easy to deal with, being different people respond differently to different treatment options form.
One thing that is certain is that by maintaining a healthy diet can ease or even prevent depression altogether.