Goodbye To Back PainAccording to the National Institutes of Health, low back pain costs Americans at least 50 million each year. It is one of the leading causes of lost work and the most common work-related disability. Conventional treatment for back pain includes bed rest, ice, exercise, medications, spinal manipulation, and surgery.
Some causes of back pain, according to the NIH, are back trauma, stress, poor posture, aging, and degenerative conditions such as arthritis. Consider one of these causes – poor posture.
The problem with good posture
Why is back pain such a big problem in the US. UU. nowadays? We have all been taught how to have good posture and most instructions are putting the pelvis, suck in your stomach, lift your chest, shoulders back. Does this really work?
If you have tried this (which most of us have! ), You’ll notice that requires constant muscle and holding tension. Also, not really straighten the spine, but rather, it does curvier. This leads to fatigue, followed by Deriving the moment we forget to stand up straight. It is an endless cycle!
A different approach
Noelle Perez-Christiaens of Paris, France, and Jean sofa Palo Alto have decades of research in populations without back pain. These people stay active in their old age and not end up hunched over like we do in the US. UU. . This healthy posture is in many industrialized countries-less over the world. It is also found in all children under 3 years in all countries. That existed in the US. UU. through the 1920s, when the position began to change as the flappers became popular.
These healthy people have several features in common, such as:
1) They have a small bow at the base of the spine, between the sacrum (S1) and lumbar 5 (L5). This bleeding is the deepest in the spine, the spine and is fairly straight above this natural arch.
2) All support to the body’s bones (spine, pelvis and legs) are aligned on a vertical axis, which can be seen if you set a plumb was held next to his body (as a carpenter uses to find true vertical line). They are aligned with gravity, not fight it.
3) They are always in maximum relaxation and not too tense your muscles. Most surprisingly, they do not have in their bellies!
When you add in this way, in Balance can eliminate pain, lengthen your spine, painful prevent future incidents and find comfort even in airplane seats! Try an experiment right now to help you find more comfort in:
1) Choose a chair with a flat surface, with a fairly straight back leaning back at a slight angle.
2) Stand at the front of the chair and bend your hip on the rise, leaving your sitz bones (ischial tuberosities) go way back. (Do not bend past 90 degrees. )
3) Ensure the front of your pelvis toward the president (We call this the fig leaf area – like where Adam and Eve could put a fig leaf).
4) Now lean against the chair back. You should feel your sitz bones beneath you. Resist the tendency to slide forward.
5) Allow your belly relax.
6) To relax your back down her chest. It does not Dureri de spate sit down. This is a break. No need to work at it.
7) Let your thighs and ankles relaxing place below the knees. His feet point in the same direction as her thighs.
8) Draw each shoulder back and down separately and then relax your shoulders.
9) Draw your chin and stretch in the back of his neck briefly, and then relax and let your face get to a vertical position.
10) Do not worry about holding any position. It’s all about placement of the bones in the lineup, and then relax. In Balance no hold any particular position. Leave the presidency and support your bones.